Find us on Facebook too!
Terms and conditions for The Times Bug Storeys competition published 2 April 2016
1. The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who provide their email address after submitting their entry.
2. Employees or agencies of Bug Storeys or The Times Newspaper Ltd their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from Bug Storeys containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
5. To enter the Prize Draw you must provide an answer to the competition question, submit your name, email address and postcode. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at email@example.com with "Bug Storeys Prize Draw question" in the subject line.
6. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
7. Bug Storeys accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by Bug Storeys.
8. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 16 April 2016. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
9. One winner for the teacher training prize and one for the individual habitat prize will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random, manual selection. The draw will take place at 13:00 on 19 April 2016.
10. The winner to the teacher training competition will receive one half-day training session for up to 20 teaching staff of which 15 must be from at least four different primary schools in the region. The session will be held by an ecologist and every attendee will be provided with a range of resources free of charge to use in their own schools. The winner of the individual prize draw will receive a bug storeys habitat built by Bug Storeys staff in the winner’s private garden space. The habitat is a purpose built structure comprising seven recycled European pallet and all of the associated materials.
11. The prizes are redeemable in the UK only. No entries from outside the UK will be accepted.
12. The winners will be notified by email on 20 April 2016 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Bug Storeys within 14 days of being notified by Bug Storeys, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Bug Storeys shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Bug Storeys shall be entitled to select another winner.
13. The prizes will be delivered at a mutually convenient time for Bug Storeys and the prize winners.
14. The name and county of the winner can be obtained after 22 April 2016 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
16. Bug Storeys retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
17. The winner will be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on Bug Storeys’ reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Bug Storeys both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Bug Storeys) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
19. Bug Storeys accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Bug Storeys further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Bug Storeys for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
20. Bug Storeys reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Bug Storeys in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Bug Storeys shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Promoter: The Times Newspaper Ltd